“I love to collaborate, learn new languages meet new people and travel!”
Leonie Evans is a peripatetic musician who was born on the edge of London and Kent. She’s been performing since the age of 5 and has never stopped.
Her output to date has included two exquisite albums of dreamy, jazzy, unclassifiable song craft as part of the Bristol-based quartet Rae, plus a handful of small runs of homemade CDs she’s sold along the way of her endless, meandering tour of everywhere (in recent years, she’s been living an itinerant life from tour to tour, travelling around Britain & Europe with occasional excursions to Japan & the USA).
But what sets her apart from just a discography & list of tour dates are the countless guest vocals, collaborations, DIY video sessions, stints in the streets and jazz clubs of New Orleans,spontaneous jams at parties and festivals and, perhaps most precious of all, the sprawling web of connections growing between Leonie & her ever-expanding family of musical sisters & brothers.
Her first “real” solo album, Collaborations Volume 1, sees the perfect execution of a wonderfully spontaneous Leonie Evans kid of idea. One day she decided she was going to travel around England with her guitar & rucksack, visiting some of her favourite bands & recording a single song with each. So she did.
It was recorded in 9 different locations with 34 musicians and then mixed and mastered by Joel Magill.
Collaborations Volume 1 is out on the 2nd November with Smugglers Records.
It’s available for press to listen to HERE pre-release.
The Launch tour began on 3rd November at Styx, London with Adam Beattie, Brooke Sharkey & more accompanying for most of the set.
Then Leonie will be performing in each city where the musicians on the album are based and they will be joining her to perform unique versions of the songs at each launch gig.
1. Distractions w/ Barnaby Keen, Davide De Rose, Nathaniel Keen, Colin Somervel
2.Lucecita w/Rioghnach Connolly, Ellis Davies, Alabaster Deplume
3.Freya w/ Nicola Vella, Stewart Hughes, David Hatton, Phil Self, Will Greenham, Billy Glinn, Natasha Greenham
4.Miles Away w/ Brooke Sharkey, Adam Beattie, Garance Louis, Samuel Pert
5. Nothing at All w/ Louis Pavlo, Adam Johnson, Joe Woodham
6. Mi Balcon w/ Daniel Truen, Lorenzo Prati, Graeme Smith, Pete Gibbs, Daniel Inzani, Leon Boydon
7. Here Somehow w/ Marianne Parrish, Jack Page, Lachlan McLellan, Rob Pemberton
8. Trials & Tribulations-w/ Liam Magill
9. Kagayaku- w/ Yoshino Shigihara, Conrad Singh
Photo by Tilly May tillymayphotography.com
Connect with Leonie ….
Website – leonieevans.co.uk
Twitter – twitter.com/leonierevans
Label/Press Contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
“I was just blown away by her.” Cerys Matthews, BBC Radio 6 2016
“Jazz and Folk flirt en route to New Orleans via Canterbury with Evans’ slinky, supple vocal…One slot on Later with Jools Holland is all it would take.” Prog Magazine
• 19th Star Inn Salford – staronthecliff.co.uk
• 20th Liverpool House gig
• 26th Stroud Valleys Artspace Stroud – sva.org.uk
• 27th Scout Hut, Bristol – avonscouts.org.uk
• 1st The Lighthouse, Deal – thelighthousedeal.co.uk
• 3rd Living Room Concerts, Spain – meetup.com/living-room-concerts-madrid
• 16th All Hallows Hall, Bristol
• 20th The Bell Inn, Bath – thebellinnbath.co.uk
Leonie will perform starting at 21.00 on Saturday December 3rd. Bring your positive energy and a cushion to sit on. Lively conversation, new friends and more, before and after the performance. Come join us!
Cover: 12€ with Open Bar of wine and beer.
Entradas: 12€ con Barra Libre de vino y cerveza.
Non-members: Join Living Room Concerts and RSVP here.
Members: RSVP here.